Thursday, December 30, 2010

ready...discuss

lately I have been pre-occupied with the concept of 'appeal' in design and animation. Some people know this word as 'quality' and even more people know this word as aesthetics. to me, its that undefinable concept of what makes a work of art 'good' a purely subjective term that in one sense, can't be defined. but that only suggests that it doesn't exist, when it does in every place we look. I try to get my students to recognize it, strive for it, make it a part of their work from the very start, but without being able to define it, how can I expect them to use it? It's a very complex and vexing situation for me. If anyone has any thoughts on this, let me know. as my train of thought travels down these rails, I will, undoubtedly, add more to this discussion.

cheers

No comments: